DJ-2 T-Bone Distortion review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-2 T-Bone Distortion

Purchased from: Ace Acoustics

I use my Westfield E1000 & Maridian SKAK10A amp with it, I must say, again, amazing, you only ever get crackling when you have the drive on the amp swithched on, and also the treble and bass are right up. The sound quality never fades and the pedal allows you to get the sounds from the song "American Idiot" by Green Day, and also "Dark Of The Matinee" by Franz Ferdinand, I haven't tried any other songs that actually use the distortion effects, but like to play anything with it! Sweet Child O' Mine sonds awesome with it as well.

Now I'm into the rock scene, so this pedal matches my needs perfectly, I've only been playing 1 and a 1/2 to 2 years now, but I still felt I needed this, I don't own any other pedals at the moment, but I'm planning on getting a Wah-Wah Pedal form my local shop, Ace Acoustics, where I got this pedal from. I don't feel as though I needed to ask any questions before buying, I got exactly what I expected. If my pedal did get lost or stolen I would for sure get another one! The only aspect of it I dont like is proboally its colour, but who cares aobut that? I cant compare it to anything that I don't own, and I don't think I would like to either. The only thing I wish it had would be built in Wah, but thats not gonna happen.

This is one pedal I would use in my gigs without back up for sure. Mainly because I know it wont fail on me half way through. Very dependable, and very reliable!

I already knew the Danelectro range were good, but my god when you actually buy one you uderstand exactly what I mean by holy hell this is great. The T-Bone Distortion pedal is a purple distortion pedal with attitude, it is just siimply awesome, for the songs you need to play with distortion, and you dont have a pedal, dont rush out and buy an expensive one, the T-Bone is good enough at 24.99! So the colour may not be to your delight but the price sure is. And considering it won the "Editors guitar player's Pick award" you can tell its going to be good! The manual with it suggests some starter/ideal settings for you, but if you are like me, you just like to fiddle about and get it how you want it. Good stuff!

jz3ro
    I think the T-Bone is fantastic. Fot the guy who said its only for metal or punk, I couldn't disagree more. It's very rich and smooth for blues rock. When you play softer, it cleans up nicely. Great replacement for the distortion on most solid state amps.
    CheckOutSerafin
    I don't like this pedal, it is not very sturdy, the switch is crap, its pink. Also, it sounds very 'tinny' and palm muting sounds horibble with it.
    shoolocomous
    i got this pedal for about 5 off ebay, so I wasnt expecting anything special. and it really isnt anything special It sounds like it has a really severe high pass filter on it, i expect this is due a to really harsh treble noise that they couldnt get rid of any other way. so yeh, it has a really round sound, but only in the sense that it has no treble. hums a lot oh and also, mine has stopped working.
    pete-c
    Just got one, not too impressed to be honest. I've got a Marshall MG15 and the amp's distortion is a lot better and clearer. Using one of these over the clean channel just sounds so unclear and cheap (though switching to the amp's overdrive channel at the same time as the distortion pedal gives you some crazy over-distorted but clearer sound that's good for messing around with, plenty of sustain). Funny how some people are saying theirs are really good, possibly there's some weird quality control going on at Danelectro
    :..*lazy*..:
    It's AWFUL!!!!! I have one and even if I bump us the midds and treble there is no tone!!!
    MmmmPistachios
    I was given mine. It's not 'too' bad, I'd say it's better suited a gibbo than a strat. But tbh I would rarely use this on it's own. Atm I'm using it to feed into my other effects so I can just stomp on it and create a lotta interesting noise on demand (for lack of any other hardware).