DJ-4 Corned Beef Reverb review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-4 Corned Beef Reverb

A Fender Mexican Stratocaster. For some reason, if I plug certain cables into it certain ways, it squeals and causes nasty amounts of feedback. I haven't figured that one out yet. You only get weak tone if you have no volume from the guitar and turn the tone pot all the way down. I don't fiddle with a certain sound much. I just match a reverb to make a fatter, fuller sound to match the artists that I listen to.

I play almost anything rock, metal, acoustic, folk, punk, and this pedal goes well with all of them. I love the two knob setup. I hate the fact that I hit the knobs when I hit the footswitch. The knobs need to be recessed, kind like Boss pedals. That'd ease my pain when I play barefoot. Those knobs can bruise. I wish it had more than just reverb. A nice echo would be really cool.

If your cables make it feedback, no. I would use another analog reverb, or my Zoom 05 #2. Quite durable though. These pedals take a huge beating and keep working. I've even seen examples of one that had a half full beer can spilled on it. Dry it out, and it still works. I was very impressed.

It's easy to get a good sound. From a gentle mid-size room reverb, to a stadium reverb, to a near shower room reverb, it can do it all. Plus, only two knobs and a footswitch. Can't get much simpler. I borrowed it, no manual. I didn't need one though. It is quite easy to figure out. That's what I love about Dano pedals. They don't sound like a $400 effects unit, but, they're easy to use.

Quoteman
    the fab series may be plastic, but the circuits are based one some very good ones. All u gotta do it give it a little touch up and a new case and it'll match up to most $150 reverbs.
    LJTPerry
    I love Fab distortion. Gives me a good, raw, rock sound. And mine happens to be VERY reliable. Been playing it almost every day for about a year now. No damage at all. Hey, I should write a FAB distorion review. lol.
    degaspiv
    I got the Flanger, Phaser, and Vibratto pedals and they're real tough. They all work very well (except for my first Vibratto, which was defective when they shipped it to me but they quickly sent me a working replacement for free) These are tough. I can't imagine someone breaking one. The only thing I think would break are the knobs, but they normally come with protective covers.
    wmzbomgzors
    you get no tone if you have no volume from the guitar
    sXe170
    I got this used from a friend, and it still works like it is new. Sure it's made out of plastic, but it still holds together well.
    Ace Frehley
    I'm looking for a simple reverb just for my clean playing and I think this will work fine.
    Mental Hop
    This is not a reverb pedal. It is a super horrible slap echo pedal disguised as a reverb pedal. I owned it for a few years, worked on it for awhile to get a tone that didn't suck and then gave it away recently.