DJ-6 Pepperoni Phaser review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-6 Pepperoni Phaser

Purchased from: The Music Store

My setup is an Austin ERA Standard with 20' cables from Ibanez and a 15 watt Crate amp. This pedal actually reduces some noise for me, which is a good thing because I use single coil pickups, which can be extremely noisy. This effect sounds great and can go from an extremely slow shimmer to something almost like a broken record! This pedal sound great when playing Hendrix or playing very high notes. Like I said, it sounds better when the knob is a little more than halfway or farther. Not the greatest phaser, but very close for around half the price!

I play anything in the rock and roll category except for emo, punk, and this new crud. This pedal can play them all! I love everything about this pedal except the fact it only has one knob (speed). I would get this again if it was lost or stolen. A great buy for a great price, you have to get this!

Very dependable! In fact, you can tell the makers were working on dependablility and durability because it has a removable guard to protect the speed knob (which is, unfortunately, the only knob) from your foot. I would probably use this for gigs and recording.

The Danelectro is an awesome pedal for the price, a great deal! It is very easy to operate, but here's a tip, the slow speed is very slow, it's so slow you don't hear a difference from when it's on or off, so turn the knob at least halfway up to hear the effect. I didn't get a manual with mine, so don't expect one with yours, it doesn't really matter though it takes a few minutes to figure it out.