DJ-6 Pepperoni Phaser review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-6 Pepperoni Phaser

Purchased from: Music Store

I use this with a Gibson Explorer and a Crate VTX65. This thing sounds so good. It is very quiet, although, like any pedal, some times it picks up radio frequencies (is that how you spell it). Typically, it only does that when you stop playing. It's not like Nigel's wireless system in This Is Spinal Tap. When your not playing it also has a kind of thud noise for every time it would normally be shifting the signal. It kind of sounds like a heartbeat. The effect is the perfect volume, noticable, but not over-powering. You can get Eddie Van Halen phaaser sounds with this! Typically, on a clean channel, I have the knob at about 11 o'clock. If you want a Van Halen sound, put it at about 3 'clock. To get a really crazy sound for the bass, use this at 1 o'clock with distortion and wah.

I play heavy metal. It is great when I want to play a lead or clean riff. It has a very spacey and watery touch to your tone. I use this with my pretty Gibson Explorer and Crate VTX65. I've been playong for 2 and a half years. If it were lost or stolen, I would learn voodoo and curse him to eternal suffering in the firey gates of hell. I love everything about it. Simple, tough, beautiful sounding, and best of all inexpensive. Don't spend too much, get this pedal and save your tone and your wallet.

Very sturdy. I dropped it pretty badly, and this ting takes it like a Trooper. It's built like a tank. It has a small semi-clear plastic piece that keeps you from being able to step on the knob and break it. The button is very strong and can take abuse well. I would never need backup. It's strong for the road, strong for the studio, and strong for the tone. It is tough and it is deadly.

It only has a speed knob. That's it. That's all you need to get that amazing Eddie Van Halen phaser tone. Honestly, it doesn't need a manual. Honestly, it is amazing. Honestly, I'm being a little repetitive. It has a plastic top that protects the knob from your foot and you accidentally stepping on it. Changing batteries is the hardest thing to do for this pedal, but even that is a no-brainer.

FunkedUp
    The pedal doesn't pick up radio frequencies - that's your pickups, maybe look into understanding how your guitar works, metal jello, as you clearly don't! I own one of these and though the phase effect is ok, it clips even at low volumes. Wouldn't really reccommend.