DJ-6 Pepperoni Phaser Review

2,728
reviews (4) 2 comments vote for this gear:
DJ-6 Pepperoni Phaser Reviewed by: twitches10_1_93, on june 19, 2006

Purchased from: The Music Store

Ease of Use: The Danelectro is an awesome pedal for the price, a great deal! It is very easy to operate, but here's a tip, the slow speed is very slow, it's so slow you don't hear a difference from when it's on or off, so turn the knob at least halfway up to hear the effect. I didn't get a manual with mine, so don't expect one with yours, it doesn't really matter though it takes a few minutes to figure it out. // 10

Sound: My setup is an Austin ERA Standard with 20' cables from Ibanez and a 15 watt Crate amp. This pedal actually reduces some noise for me, which is a good thing because I use single coil pickups, which can be extremely noisy. This effect sounds great and can go from an extremely slow shimmer to something almost like a broken record! This pedal sound great when playing Hendrix or playing very high notes. Like I said, it sounds better when the knob is a little more than halfway or farther. Not the greatest phaser, but very close for around half the price! // 9

Reliability & Durability: Very dependable! In fact, you can tell the makers were working on dependablility and durability because it has a removable guard to protect the speed knob (which is, unfortunately, the only knob) from your foot. I would probably use this for gigs and recording. // 8

Overall Impression: I play anything in the rock and roll category except for emo, punk, and this new crud. This pedal can play them all! I love everything about this pedal except the fact it only has one knob (speed). I would get this again if it was lost or stolen. A great buy for a great price, you have to get this! // 10

DJ-6 Pepperoni Phaser Reviewed by: cliff_em_all, on august 02, 2004

Purchased from: Brittens Music

Ease of Use: The pedal is very easy to use, just set your speed and "stomp" on the button. The Pepperoni Phaser has to be one of if not the easiest pedals I have ever used, It dosent come with a manual, but its pretty straightfoward to use, if you live in the U.S.A (which I don't) you get a warranty. If you live in the U.K the warranty you get can only be used inside of the U.S.A. The Warranty lasts for 12 months. This pedal is so easy and straight-foward to use it's impossible not to give it the highest rating. // 10

Sound: The sound I get is pretty unique, Since I'm using The Phaser through a jazz guitar, But I have also played it on a Strat-a-like tanglewood guitar. and to be honest you have to have a range of guitars to get the full out of it. The Phaser Only has 2 controls, On and Off and the speed of the phaser. The sound quality is amazing on this pedal and it has a really nice warm soun. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The Pedal somes with a "stomp protector" which make's the pedal get less damaged, this can be removed if needed. I've only had this pedal for around 2 days now so I cant say much about the reliability, but I can confidentley say I would use it on stage without a backup. // 8

Overall Impression: This pedal is fantastic, well worth the money is all I can say, if I broke this I would replace it straightaway. Please buy it! // 10

DJ-6 Pepperoni Phaser Reviewed by: ipdaily, on march 17, 2005

Purchased from: taylor music

Ease of Use: I've had this pedal a few days now, and so far I really like it. It's easy as a slut to use, and it sounds good. There's no manual but with on knob, if you need a manual, I don't know what to say. // 10

Sound: The only thing I don't like about the sound is that it doesn't sound real great when to pedals are on at once. I'm runnin a Danelectro Fab Tone through it and it sounds a little off when both are on. Other than that it sounds great. I'm playing an Epiphone Les Paul through it and a Brand X amp. I really like the sound alone. I don't know how you would get the sounds of your favorite artists because all you can change is phaser speed. But I don't know. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It seems pretty reliable. Unless the battery ran out. It doesn't seem as sturdy as the Fab Tone because of materials, but thats why the Fab Tone cost 60 dollars more. I would definitly gig with this and I plan on doing it within the next couple weeks. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall - good pedal. Not much wrong that cant be handled. If I lost it id probly just steal my friends or go by the sitar swam. // 8

DJ-6 Pepperoni Phaser Reviewed by: metal jello, on january 05, 2008

Purchased from: Music Store

Ease of Use: It only has a speed knob. That's it. That's all you need to get that amazing Eddie Van Halen phaser tone. Honestly, it doesn't need a manual. Honestly, it is amazing. Honestly, I'm being a little repetitive. It has a plastic top that protects the knob from your foot and you accidentally stepping on it. Changing batteries is the hardest thing to do for this pedal, but even that is a no-brainer. // 10

Sound: I use this with a Gibson Explorer and a Crate VTX65. This thing sounds so good. It is very quiet, although, like any pedal, some times it picks up radio frequencies (is that how you spell it). Typically, it only does that when you stop playing. It's not like Nigel's wireless system in This Is Spinal Tap. When your not playing it also has a kind of thud noise for every time it would normally be shifting the signal. It kind of sounds like a heartbeat. The effect is the perfect volume, noticable, but not over-powering. You can get Eddie Van Halen phaaser sounds with this! Typically, on a clean channel, I have the knob at about 11 o'clock. If you want a Van Halen sound, put it at about 3 'clock. To get a really crazy sound for the bass, use this at 1 o'clock with distortion and wah. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Very sturdy. I dropped it pretty badly, and this ting takes it like a Trooper. It's built like a tank. It has a small semi-clear plastic piece that keeps you from being able to step on the knob and break it. The button is very strong and can take abuse well. I would never need backup. It's strong for the road, strong for the studio, and strong for the tone. It is tough and it is deadly. // 10

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal. It is great when I want to play a lead or clean riff. It has a very spacey and watery touch to your tone. I use this with my pretty Gibson Explorer and Crate VTX65. I've been playong for 2 and a half years. If it were lost or stolen, I would learn voodoo and curse him to eternal suffering in the firey gates of hell. I love everything about it. Simple, tough, beautiful sounding, and best of all inexpensive. Don't spend too much, get this pedal and save your tone and your wallet. // 10

Comments