DJ-8 Hash Browns Flanger review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-8 Hash Browns Flanger

Purchased from: Musician's Friend

I run this little pedal with multiple Arion pedals, a Dan-O-Wah, and an '80s Epiphone Distortion through a Fender Amp. I use 2 6-string guitars and a baritone 7-string and all sound great using this pedal. The effects are always strong when you want them to be, and the pedal is silent when you want it to be. The sound is so adjustable, you could probably recreate any sound you heard with a little tinkering, however this can be a bit time consuming.

I play music from classic rock to punk to metal and nu-metal to rockabilly and everything in between. This works perfect for many Korn songs that use such effects as well as a few Tiger Army and Killers songs. I've been playing for about 9 years now and I've messed with a few other flangers, but I must say that this pedal is great for the price. I love how versatile and adjustable it is, I just wish their was a little more ease to finding your perfect sound. If this was stolen or lost I would definitely by another one; its cheap, durable, reliable and has great sound. As aforementioned, the only thing it lacks are some numbers for the setting knobs to help go back to previous settings that you can't remember the exact positions of the knobs for.

I depend on this thing very much, I've only used it with one gig but I didn't need a backup. Its very dependable and I found it to be durable after I dropped it a few times and it still worked. I've had it for a little over a year and have never had a problem with it. It still runs great.

This pedal has a broad range of awesome sounds. For such a cheap pedal, you would think it would sound like crap. I bought a cheap one because it was all I could afford at the time and I was pleasantly surprised at how this thing performs. Its versatile and comes with 3 settings: speed; regent; width. These are all easily adjustable to get that perfect sound you wish to achieve. The pedal even comes with some suggested presets on the back of the package. The setting knobs however, don't have numbers to help you remember personal presets, so it takes a little while to find your perfect sound.