DJ-8 Hash Browns Flanger review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-8 Hash Browns Flanger

Purchased from: Dominics Music

I'm using an Ibanez guitar (bought it off a friend, don't know what type) and a 15 Watt Crate amp. Though it doesn't really matter what type of equiptment your using, except for your pedals. The effects always sound great. Used with distortion, chorus, and over-drive. It's not too loud or too quiet, and you can always hear it. If you play Blink 182, it sounds good with the new stuff. Also, it sounds really cool if you play Thunderstuck! Awesome sound!

I play punk/rock and it's awesome for any song with flanger in it. I've been playing guitar for 1 1/2 and I own a PA system. It's made by SoundTech and I use it for vocals. This was a good pedal because it was affordable and reliable at the time I bought it. I love the part where it goes really deep. And it's small and I can bring it anywhere! It's just hard trying to get back the tone if the knobs ever moved. I wish Danelectro would put 1-10 on all there pedals, or even just 10 dots all around. But it'll do for now!

I can depend on it, but I don't stomp as hard as I can on it. It's lasted longer than my Black Coffee, and I really didn't like that one. I would bring a backup battery but since I can't afford an other pedal, I wouldn't bother bringing a back-up into a gig. I wouldn't really want to even if I did have the money. I think I'm going to be using it until I'm dead.

I was suprized by this pedal. I thought I'd have to buy the Boss Flanger. This pedal is extreemly easy to use and I would reccomend buying it if you are going to buy any flanger. The manual was there, but wasn't much help at all. Over all, the easiness is so easy, even I could figure it out. But I wish that there were sound suggestions, because it took me a long time to find the right tone.

m.o.d.---
    I have this pedal and loved it for 2 years now, and i highly reccomend it. it reminds me of MXR and BOSS flanges. THUNDERSTRUCK SOUNDS OSOM!!!!!