DJ-8 Hash Browns Flanger review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DJ-8 Hash Browns Flanger

Purchased from: WorldMusicSupply.com

I use this guitar with my Squier Strat (Modded) and my Vox AD30VT 30 Watt Stereo 10 Inch Combo Guitar Amplifier and my Boss DS-1 Distortion pedal. The pedal itself isn't noisy although it can be noisy if I use my DS-1 in a certain setting; other than that, no. The effects this pedal produces are great in my opinion! The pedal only comes with a mono output however.

I play a mixture of rock, hardcore, metal, bluegrass, blues, a lot! I've been playing guitar for around a year and half now and have had this pedal for a few months. I wish this product had a streo output as well as a mono although the mono will just do for now. I also dislike the small button to activate it. I sometimes find myself having to press it twice just to activate it. However, I like how this little $30 pedal can produce an above-decent sound.

The construction of this pedal is plastic; obviously not making it a durable pedal. The knobs however are de-attachable so you don't have to worry about them breaking anytimes soon. I would not take this to a gig. I would perfer a Boss BF-3 Flanger or something of more solid construction. If you step on this pedal too hard you might break it or damage it. It's not built to last, so don't plan on keeping it forever (my pedal hasn't broken yet).

This pedal is extremely easy to use! It only has three knobs: speed, regen, and width. Unlike the Boss BF-3 Flanger pedal, this pedal is almost self-explanitory. The Boss Flanger has a few extra knobs and modes that you have to expirement with before you get the hang of it. The instructions that comes with this pedal are not that great. They give you three sample settings and show a pedal board that you can buy for your D.E. pedals.

tristantattoos
    Good grief... for those of you complaining that Dano pedals don't have numbers or dots to remember settings... there is a very cost-effective "mod" for that... it's called a SHARPIE. They cost about a dollar (bum one from your Dad)... you find the settings you want using your EARS and then you make a dot to mark the sweet spot... that's where it sounds good to you and there is a line on top of those little knobs... make the dot right above the line. Those desiring more flash... use a METALLIC SHARPIE (they come in silver and gold) to make the dot. For a REALLY high tech "mod", make the dot with one of the above two SHARPIES and then paint over the dot with glow-in-the-dark nail polish (also costs about a buck at your average drugstore). Then the dots will be visible on a dimly lit stage or in your darkened bedroom if you succeed in rendering yourself totally deaf by cranking that glorious 10 watt practice amp with everything set to 10. Must we grizzled old-schoolers teach you young bucks EVERYTHING???
    celticus
    Dr. No
    I don't get all the rave for these danelectro pedals. I guess they alright for messing around, but I'd never use them live.
    ConscriptGuitar
    i took my danelectros out of the plastic cases and built stronger metal ones. (I'm also a mechanic, therefore i can weld!!)
    TDAJGuitarist
    celticus wrote: 'Though it doesn't really matter what type of equiptment your using, except for your pedals.' lol, who is this guy?!
    When I read that I was like..."Wait, What are you talking about?????" HAHAHAHA!!! Wow...Some people...
    Pencil Man
    I have this pedal. The sound is great, but it sucks the tone out of my amp when its not on.