DO-1 Daddy O review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DO-1 Daddy O

Purchased from: Some Music Store

I have not yet used this with my Gibson guitar or Marshall amp. I used it with my first guitar and amp (some cheap off brands), and it sounded as good as my Gibson hooked up to the Marshall. And this thing can pump out the noise, when I turned the vol. settings all the way up on the amp and this thing I about went deaf. About the sounds of artists you could probably get any sound you wanted. My only complaint would be when you switch from clean to distorted is the clean is really low vol., but that can be fixed easily. I can't wait to use it with my Gibson and Marshall!

I play rock, metal, classic rock, some punk, and some country. This thing is a perfect match for them all (and blues I play B. B. King). I've been playing for a little over half a year. I also own a Gibson Les Pual Classic and a Marshall amp (don't remember what kind right now but it's a 50 watt). If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again and a few extras.

Wow this thing is nearly bullet proof. The only way tis thing would break is if the Mafia did a drive by on it. I would definetly do a gig without a backup.

Wow this thing is amazing! It's super easy to get good sound out of it. There is a volume, bass, treb, mid, and Overdrive controls on the thing. And the book that comes with tells you how to get certain sounds, ex. rock lead, '60s british crunch, Texas blues, just about anything you can think of. Also I have not upgraded it.

mousepad
    this is my favorite pedal ever. it has such a tonal range. very heavy construction. well worth 3 times the price
    Kid Fisto
    this is true. my fab tone fell off the top of my car when i was driving out of the parking lot, and i was freaking because it was already used, but it sounds exactly the same as it did when it was in the store.
    josh c
    hey i just got this pedal 2nd hand so it didnt come with a book, could you post some of the settings that was in the book? cheers
    miker3030
    when you have it set for rock lead it sounds so good going through my fender fem65 rock lead--> vol- at 1 o clock bass- 1 o clock treb- 1 o clock mid- at 9 a clock o drive- all the way
    [DookieShoes]
    i got this pedal and the cool cat chorus for 39 each at a used gear place, i feel so lucky this thing is amazing!!!!!