DO-1 Daddy O Review

manufacturer: Danelectro date: 06/20/2005 category: Guitar Effects
Danelectro: DO-1 Daddy O
The ultimate tube-amp overdrive. It's been called a virtual 'stack in a box." An unheard of 3 tone controls let you dial in an incredible hollow midrange and other sought-after sounds. Very smooth range of distortion density.
 Ease of Use: 10
 8.2
 7.4
 3,869
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
DO-1 Daddy O Reviewed by: guitar_playa_#1, on june 20, 2005

Purchased from: Some Music Store

Ease of Use: Wow this thing is amazing! It's super easy to get good sound out of it. There is a volume, bass, treb, mid, and Overdrive controls on the thing. And the book that comes with tells you how to get certain sounds, ex. rock lead, '60s british crunch, Texas blues, just about anything you can think of. Also I have not upgraded it. // 10

Sound: I have not yet used this with my Gibson guitar or Marshall amp. I used it with my first guitar and amp (some cheap off brands), and it sounded as good as my Gibson hooked up to the Marshall. And this thing can pump out the noise, when I turned the vol. settings all the way up on the amp and this thing I about went deaf. About the sounds of artists you could probably get any sound you wanted. My only complaint would be when you switch from clean to distorted is the clean is really low vol., but that can be fixed easily. I can't wait to use it with my Gibson and Marshall! // 8

Reliability & Durability: Wow this thing is nearly bullet proof. The only way tis thing would break is if the Mafia did a drive by on it. I would definetly do a gig without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock, metal, classic rock, some punk, and some country. This thing is a perfect match for them all (and blues I play B. B. King). I've been playing for a little over half a year. I also own a Gibson Les Pual Classic and a Marshall amp (don't remember what kind right now but it's a 50 watt). If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again and a few extras. // 8

Comments