DW-1 Dan-O-Wah review by Danelectro

Danelectro: DW-1 Dan-O-Wah

Purchased from: Music Bum

The cool thing about this pedal is there are 6 different wahs in one here including: 3 for '60s rock and 3 for '70s funk, however they all sound fairly similar. There is also distortion and octave on this pedal which sound very good. I use this when I'm playing my Dean Icon and it sounds pretty good.

I've been playing for 2 years and I play all different styles of music and this suites all the songs that need wah like stuff by Tom Morello or some Jimi Hendrix. If I lost it or it were stolen I would probably get something else, only because I dont play that much stuff that needs wah. It has a really cool shape though (it's shaped like a truck). So if you have the money and need a wah pedal Pick it up you may like it.

Like I said I have to press down hard sometimes for this to work, so I'm not sure I would use it at a gig, at least not without a backup. But when this thing works it works well.

It's fairly easy to use, the only problem I usually have is sometimes I have to press my foot down really hard for it to turn on. But other than that this thing is prety easy to get a good sound out of.