DW-1 Dan-O-Wah Review

manufacturer: Danelectro date: 01/28/2005 category: Guitar Effects
Danelectro: DW-1 Dan-O-Wah
The Dan-O-Wah offers more than just a pretty face. There are six different wah voicings, each with adjustable sweeps. There's also '60s-style fuzz as well as an octave fuzz.
 Ease of Use: 8
 6.3
 7.5
 5.1
 3,887
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
DW-1 Dan-O-Wah Reviewed by: slipsoad928, on january 28, 2005

Purchased from: Music Bum

Ease of Use: It's fairly easy to use, the only problem I usually have is sometimes I have to press my foot down really hard for it to turn on. But other than that this thing is prety easy to get a good sound out of. // 8

Sound: The cool thing about this pedal is there are 6 different wahs in one here including: 3 for '60s rock and 3 for '70s funk, however they all sound fairly similar. There is also distortion and octave on this pedal which sound very good. I use this when I'm playing my Dean Icon and it sounds pretty good. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Like I said I have to press down hard sometimes for this to work, so I'm not sure I would use it at a gig, at least not without a backup. But when this thing works it works well. // 6

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 2 years and I play all different styles of music and this suites all the songs that need wah like stuff by Tom Morello or some Jimi Hendrix. If I lost it or it were stolen I would probably get something else, only because I dont play that much stuff that needs wah. It has a really cool shape though (it's shaped like a truck). So if you have the money and need a wah pedal Pick it up you may like it. // 8

Comments