LM-1 Black Paisley Liquid Metal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: LM-1 Black Paisley Liquid Metal

Purchased from: Music 24/7

I am using an SG guitar with a amp that has a make I've never heard of. If you mute the strings of your guitar and listen to the noise the pedal makes on your amp, you will surprised on how little sound it makes. With lots of volume you obviously get feed back, but if you know how to use feed back and make it sound good, it's cool. There is a distortion knob which obviously lets you decide how much distortion you want. There is a treble knob which is good because if you want to do tapping, you just turn it up full and you have the perfect tapping sound. There is a bass knob which is good, but when you turn it down so there is no bass, it can make your guitar sound a bit wierd and I doubt anyone would play with no bass anyway. Another nice feature on this pedal is the octave switch on the back, which sounds great if you put full distortion on. There is a mid-range switch which lets you choose what type of distortion you want. The choices are midrange, scoop and boost. I find the distortion sound is very good, but it depends on what kind of play you are. If you like heavy metal you will love the effect when it's turned up to its fullest. But you can just play with slight distortion, this sounds good wen playing a solo.

I play alot of heavy stuff and alot of fast shredding stuff so this suites me fine. If you are the same type of player as me, I suggest you get this pedal. If you are not a heavy metal addict, this pedal is still good for just rocking out with Led Zeppelin or Queen. I think that is an all rounder distortion pedal, that takes it one step further with the metal style added to it. I have been playing for a year and a half now and I've just got my grade 7. I own an SG guitar and I have a rubbish 30 watt amp, but it's ok for me at the moment. Make sure when you buy this product you buy an AC adapter because it can eat your batteries in a few hours of playing. I would buy this again if I lost it or it was stolen I find it one of the best distortion pedals you can get. I love the distortion when it is at its fullest, makes a lovely Metallica/Slipknot distortion sound that I just love. I hated the way it ate all my batteries in a few hours of playing, but I invested in an AC adapter. (I suggest you get one too if you are planning to buy). My favourite feature would be the Midrange switch when it is set to 'scoop'. It makes your distortion sound very buzzy and if you play fast and palm muted on the E, A or D string, it has an sound that reminds me of Racer X's Superheroes.

I would say it is dependable, it's an expensive distortion pedal so it's bound to be. My first distortion pedal was 40 so this is alot better quality for 70. I would use it in a gig because the sound is great and if it sounds good on my rubbish amp it's bound to sound good on any.

I find this distortion pedal very easy to use and the distortion sound is perfect for heavy metal guitarists. There was a manual for it but it did not give much information on how to use it, but using it is very basic anyway. One problem I did find with the manual though was that they try to advertise Dan Electro batteries, and were saying those were the only batteries that worked in it. Don't listen to this, any 9 volt batteries work in it.