LM-1 Black Paisley Liquid Metal review by Danelectro

Danelectro: LM-1 Black Paisley Liquid Metal

Purchased from: GAK

The sound of this pedal is best with the selector in the centre postistion. It has a great sound though in scoop mode but this is more quite. Boost mode is a bit trebly for my likeing. I use this wit my Vox AD50VT and mostly a PRS Tremonti SE or a BC Rich Warlock and it sounds great for my music. It gets a very good 'My Chemical Romance' distortion and a great 'Killswitch Engage' (not that I play Killswitch). I use it for songs by artists such as My Chemical Romance, Blink 182, Green Day and a hard hitting Sum 41!

I have been playing for about 9 years now and this is surtanly one of the best distortions around. This pedal is great for punk rock, rock, metal and all the other heavy stuff but my dad hates it. He plays older music like Chuck Berry and Eric Clapton. It is great for my music but crap for his so the only bad thing is that it doesn't suit all music types even though it is very virsitile.

This pedal is as sturdy as a rock. You could throw it off a mountain and it would rock just as good at your next gig! I would definitly depend on it. The case to it is like 1" thick of metal!

This pedal is one of the most easyest pedals I have used in a long time. You don't have to save any settings, you just use the knobs and dile in what rocking sound you want. It basically has 4 knobs, distorion, treble, bass, level and then a 3-way selector for scoop normal or boost. It also has a drop octave switch which is great for solos!

blocky
    shredflare666
    This is a cool pedal but, if feel i have outgrown it, mabbi its just me (hopefully ispent allot on it) but the sound is REALY thin!
    deepestpurple
    blocky wrote: Make sure you get the AC adapter - This thing chews through 9V batteries in a few hours worth of playing
    Dnaelectros eat 9V batteries for breakfast,brunch,lunch,dessert,dinner,tea,supper and midnight feasts!
    whitemanwalking
    its not a bad pedal, as 'shredflare666' said the sound is really thin. I played it through my bass amp with reasonable results in bulking up the sound with a bit of EQ tweaking. Good range of sounds but its not the most organic sounding pedal out there. Also the octaver has a little bit of lag, more noticable on the thinner strings.
    Flipidation
    It's a nice pedal don't get me wrong, but the octave setting is crap and the pedal on its own is thin sounding, but when I use it with my boss ds-1, I get a cool sinister sounding distortion/fuzz. This pedal also works well with bass too.