DF2210 Review

reviews (2) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
DF2210 Reviewed by: metallicaden, on january 27, 2011

Price paid: € 20

Purchased from: ebay.ie

Ease of Use: Its a pretty straight forward pedal. Its easy to get the sound you want out of it. Its an excellent pedal for beginners but the only problem is that you need to bend down and use your hand to Switch off the pedal. That can be fixed with a small bit of work. Takes about 30 seconds. There is no manual it is not needed, its a very simple Wah pedal // 7

Sound: It gets decent sound out. Better than some Wah pedals and considering its the cheapest Wah pedal you can get I was very happy with it. Its not noisy and it doesn't have a crackly sound out of it. Its a fat rich sound. It doesn't have a lot of different sounds but for the price you pay its good. // 8

Reliability & Durability: If I was playing a gig I would probably use this if I had no other Wah pedal. If I adjusted a piece of rubber it would turn into a footswitch and then I would probably use it. If I had a different Wah pedal I would probably choose that one though. // 8

Overall Impression: I play a lot of rock music and it sounds god with it. I was quite happy with because its really good value. I've been playing for a year now, this is my first pedal and I was very happy with it. If it got lost I would buy a different one or maybe buy this one temporarily while saving up for a different one. // 8

DF2210 Reviewed by: robert.cooze.9, on january 12, 2015

Price paid: A$ 10

Purchased from: Trade Me NZ

Ease of Use: Out of the box I was unimpressed after tinkering around with it. It's my go to wah. It had no problems with the original manual all 1 page of it on a postage stamp to get the most of it you have to mod it and for such a cheep one. It is a no brainier to do so so what do I have now it is a slightly revised with true bypass and a bit more volume. I did not have to drill any holes in the cct board there where holes already for me to use, I put in one hole for a power jack and used the old power hole for a indicator LED, I have had more fun modifying it than using it so far If there are enough comments about what to mod I may do a write up when I get the time. // 5

Sound: Well this is a wah on a budget. This wah is very close to the original cct of the Crybay/Wah that came out of America one could say it was a clone of the original but they have made there own cctbord and set it out there way so it is a revere engineered product. When I got mine it was very lackluster and harsh sounding, the original 9V battery was near to being flat, after putting a new battery in to it it was so so the sweep seemed all wrong. After adjusting the peddle travel and moving a peace of rubber I was happy with the sweep and It could be foot switched on but alas it was non true bypass and was a tone sucker and very low output too. So I put in a new switch and wired for true bypass put in a indicator led and a Boss style power jack replaced one input resistor and whoo hoo this thing screams plenty of output and sweep and a nice dirty sounding Wah to boot. The added bonus is it will do the David Gilmore Reverse Wah Seagull effect. It is also unbuffered and does present a problem for a Classic Fuzz Face. It works well in to most amps I have tried and most guitars seem to work well too hum-bucker and single coil. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This pedal has been thrown around in duffel bags and hard boxes and has not shown any signs of failure the plastic construction should be tough enough to last. I'm 90 kg and I have regularly stood on it and tripled over it too It just keeps ticking. One day I'm expecting the pot to fail but touch wood it is going well, and if it does Ill shoe horn something that will work in. Just like the originals it is made from rubbish parts and it just works, But that is why some original ones where good and some where terrible. // 9

Overall Impression: When I started underwhelmed would be a good word. But after the said tinkering with the cct and there is a lot of good information to work with and a lot of rubbish I love it now. I play blues rock and a bit of hard rock from time to time and I have found it to provide useful colouring to some bits as a typical expression pedal. But to get it to this stage there was a learning curve and a lot of experimentation to see what could be changed. I am going to install a buffer cct in the output with a bypass of the buffer switch as well as a input output swap switch for that Seagull effect. When I started Underwhelmed after the said tinkering with the cct and there is a lot of good information to work with and a lot of rubbish I love it now. I play blues rock and a bit of hard rock from time to time and I have found it to provide useful colouring to some bits as a typical expression pedal. // 6

Comments