E20DS review by Daphon

Daphon: E20DS

Purchased from: Music Land

Ok I used to play E20DS with an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and this chinese amp. It gives a warm distortion tone. It has 3 knobs-level, tone and distortion. Daphons can be a whole lot of noisy if you set the distortion and level to the maximum simultaneously. Well it drives just a little and I'd personally suggest to use a reverb with it. But it could be no bad if you don't. Well when I used to play with the Daphon setup, it never used to feel I'd need any other effects for home playing. The only effect, the distortion, works good and well the pedal in there switches in to a good clean/distortic tone variation. I suggest E20DS for beginners Who need cheap priced distortion.

When I had this product, I played the old '80s, '90s rock stuff on it. It sounded great. Rigging this with other effects could be a good idea (ESP Daphon effects). Well after I bought an overall guitar effects processor, I gave it to a friend of mine and he is in love with this pedal. This pedal could be a cheap deal, and an awesome find. Beginners, Who are in search of a cheap and efficient distortion pedal, try this!

I personally suggest that you could depend on it. I used this thing for a whole 3 years and trust me, I never got any problems regarding Daphons. They are good and run smooth. Operating is very easy. You can use it in a gig without any backup. But I personally suggest to use it in your guitar practice and/or band practice only. The tone may not be as good as reknowned guitar effects but you can truly rely on it for price and economic issues.

Cheap and awesome, that could be the motto of Daphon. They are Chinese made guitar effects brand. This particular distortion pedal (E20DS) is a simple distortion pedal you would get at a price as cheap as half the price of Boss' distortion pedals. You would never believe it's sound. it's as great as having an expensive setup. I won't suggest playing in gigs though but if you wanna get a warm distortic tone, in cheap price of course, Daphon could be the idea. The manual is not helpful until you know how to read Chinese. But you wont need a manual because using it would be easier than preparing a sandwich. It runs on a 9v battery.

GlobalGuitarist
    It's my first pedal,it was the price which made me make the first move to get it, but after I've stepped on it, it's not the main point anymore, I've realised that I've got myself a great pedal which sounded really great, in metal casing(reliable) and at a very decent price tag. I found that price doesn't tell that whether the pedal have great tones or not...so it had me goin for the other 2 Daphon Pedals... I've never thought of commenting here, until lately, I saw this video on youtube, the guy was covering on The Darkness - I believed in a thing called love (one of my favorite band) and he's using the Daphon E20DS pedal which I've played for years and I know that I need to share with you guys about it. Ok, here's the link :-
    enjoy it!!