E20PH Phaser Review

review (1) pictures (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
E20PH Phaser Reviewed by: Nirvanafan60, on february 18, 2011

Price paid: A$ 60

Purchased from: TradeMe

Ease of Use: (Warning this is not my pedal and is for a friend) This pedal is good for the usual Phaser effects and if you flick the rate right up its pretty much a tremolo effect. Easy to use quite simple click down to effect then click back off to lose the effect. The manual you don't need its not that hard. This a good pedal for beginners and is so simple.I haven't heard of any majorly better upgrades for this pedal. // 9

Sound: My friend is using a Johnson JS-800 Del Mar Standard and ROSS tube amp. It is the volume of the amp pretty much. The effects are Rally good and you can notice them straight away there, It isn't a weak effect either very strong signal but not overpowering. My friend can get similar effects to those of the great Tom Morello from Rage Against The Machine for those of you who don't know. i love the fact it can act has tremolo and a Phaser its really cool how it can do that. // 9

Reliability & Durability: It has lasted for a very long time and seems as solid as brick. This pedal does chomp battery as all pedals do so its best to get a 9v adapter or get used to changing battery's. My friend said he would use it without a back up in a gig just alot of spare battery's. // 8

Overall Impression: My friend plays Heavy metal all the way through to Classic rock and this pedal will follow the sound but it really suits Metal and I reckon it sounds good doing some blues music. My friend has been playing for two years and the gear is listed above. He would definitely buy it again if he lost it. I love it for its tremolo and great Phaser effects. It isn't like any pedal I've ever heard brilliant pedal. // 9

Comments