DD1 Digital Delay review by DeltaLab

• Users' score: 8 (1 vote)
DeltaLab: DD1 Digital Delay

I am playing a Gibson SG through a Crate flexwave 120 watt amp. It is a very simple pedal. I like to use it during my solos or on my chorused passages. It does add a tiny bit of noise when engaged. I can get a lot of good sounds really easy. Anything from slap back delay to Paul Gilbert's Echo Song. It is a great effect for the people who want a simple cheap delay pedal.

I have been playing for 4 years now and have a variety of guitars and pedals. I bought this pedal to make my solos sound like Steve Vai and all of the other shredders. There are better more complex delay pedals on the market but if you don't want to spend 160$ at least for a good tone then this is your best option. I have a DigiTech Hardwire DL-8 Delay. This pedal will basically sound the same as the DigiTech on the simple settings. If it were lost or stolen I would buy another one right away cause I use it on almost every solo. I wish it had less noise but I still love the simple effects. For 60$ you can't go wrong!

The foot Switch and metal casing seems dependable. The LED could be a bit brighter though. This thing eats up batteries very quick so you must use a power adapter.

Very Simple to use. Three knobs: Time Repeats and Level. You can take it right out of the box and start jamming. Its a delay pedal so you don't have to tweak eq or any of that stuff just plug in and play!