MD1 Metal Distortion review by DeltaLab

DeltaLab: MD1 Metal Distortion

Overall, for 40 dollars, I cannot complain. I can't really comment on if it gives any noticeable background noise as I use quite an old amp, but I seem to get a clear sound from it. I wouldn't really call it a metal distortion, maybe more of a hard rock, certainly no match to my metal muff for metal music, but I found ways of making it sound like the "old scratchy distortions" which you would ind on these old riffs, which I am pleased about, also, I found if you lower the gain enough, there is still some distortion, you can link it to "softer" sounding pedals, like chorus pedals etc, and it acts as that edge in the sound you want.

Overall I was extremely pleased with this pedal, not just because of the sound and the price I payed, but for me, it just sounded great. (Bear in mind people like different sounds for themselves), but going back to my point before on this pedal being a possible "edge" to your guitar sound, I'd recommend it.

I'm not too sure about this one, The material is solid metal, with rubber backing for grip, so, yes, its very sturdy, but I've only ever used it on carpet in my bedroom, so I'm not too sure about gigging with it. If I were to take it, I'd take a back up (just from looking at the price).

I was new to pedals like these and it took me a while to remember to plug the cables in the right way but that wasn't the pedals fault. The battery holder is difficult to get out but it is possible, even though the battery clip looks like it could tear easy if I pulled too hard.