DS-30 Distortion review by Denio

Denio: DS-30 Distortion

Purchased from: Intown Music

This was my first distortion pedal. I first used it with a Status Silhouette Series Guitar and a small 10w Yamaha Amp. That was 5 years ago I don't use it anymore. This pedal has pretty good distortion, similar to the Boss DS-1 Distortion but not quite that good. I play Black Sabbath and stuff like that so on a small amp I can get that sound. But with a bigger amp this is more like a booster pedal than anything. Good for a smaller amp.

I play Black Sabbath, this was my first distortion pedal that I bought about 5 years ago so since then I have upgraded to a Korg AX10G effects processing unit, so I don't use the single effect pedals anymore, except for wahs and treble boosters. If it were lost or stolen I probably wouldn't buy another one. I am not saying that this is bad though just that I have no use for it anymore.

It is a very strong looking pedal. Probably wouldn't use it at a gig though. But if I did I don't think you would need a backup.

This pedal is just a basic distortion pedal. Very easy to use 3 knobs tone, level and distortion. There is a manual for it but you don't need it really.