Rocket review by Devi Ever

Devi Ever: Rocket

Purchased from: ebay

Very versatile. I'm running this through a Jazzmaster and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, and I can get muff tones, octave up, dying battery, anything a fuzz of this caliber should be able to do. The Soda Meiser side (left) has a great muff tone anywhere past noon but sounds a little weak at lower intensities imo. The Vintage Fuzz Master side (right) gets some really cool octave up sounds. However, I got an older model which doesn't have independent switching so I can't truly judge how the VFM sounds. It also features two tremolo modes, a fixed rate, and a Pick sensitive. I don't use the fixed rate mode much, but the Pick sensitive is wonderful, especially if you're like me and think fixed rate tremolo tends to drone on. Overall a 9, although it would probably be a 10 if it were one of the newer ones with independent switching.

Overall I'd really recommend this pedal. The Soda Meiser is thick and huge, and the VFM compliments it really well, and the two tremolo modes and oscillation both add some versatility. If I were going to get a Devi double pedal I'd get this, then get a Torn's Peaker so I could have an improvised Shoegazer.

Built with a really Solid Metal enclosure. The switches feel really solid and I can see this lasting a long time. I'd feel confident gigging with this with no backup. I wish UG would remove the minimum character limit in this section, there's only so much you can say about reliability and durability.

4 knobs, two toggles, two switches. Overall fairly easy to dial in a good sound, but it can take awhile to tame. If you get one and don't bother reading what the knobs do (just about any retailer will have a description of them) then you'd be pretty lost, but devi's website is really easy to navigate and you could find out their functions easily. Overall I'll give it a 9.