Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive

Purchased from: local music store

This pedal wasn't made for heavy distortion, I wish I'd known that when I bought, but owell. It is basically used to play clean Overdrive songs. You can play lots of soft rock stuff and if you set it up fight, you can get some good hard rock sounds. I play lots of Grunge rock/emo/punk, so this pedal dosnt suit me. But if you like soft rock/'50s/'60s/'70s this pedal will do.

Overall this is an excellent pedals for begieners or experts. You get quallity sounds on a low budget. For me this pedal has not been helpful inless I'm playing a solo. With my SG I can get pretty good distortion, but not the best. I would recondmend this petal to any one into the soft rock scene.

DigiTech always has quallity pedals. The battery life is pretty good and it is really sturdy! I dought you could break it with normal playing. And if you were to use it in gigs, it should do just fine.

Simple and effective! Level/volume, high, low, and Gain knobs. The pedal comes with a book that shows some factory settings, but you can do what sounds good.

cap'nkirk
    Yeah, I've played through that pedal, it's got a pretty good tone. It's no tubescreamer though, but it's awesome for the price.
    nickwarhead
    I use this to push my marshall JCM 900. Works good for that. Its not real powerful on its own but pushing an already high gain tube amp is sort of what it is made for I think...
    rap_Fn_sux
    digi tech are the only pedals i buy, good quality, easy to use and they sound bitchin! i have their metal master and hot head overdrive pedals and their flange and reverb pedals, all of which kick ass! I dont know if any one is in to tool, but that flange with the right settings is almost perfect for just about any of their songs, the reverb too.