Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive

Purchased from: local guitar shop

I use a Standard Strat through a Marshall solid state with a few other pedals. You can get a great gritty boost out of this pedal. But if you're looking for a heavy distortion, look elsewhere. It sounds great on both rythym and lead parts. Reminds me of the Tube Screamer.

I'm not a real big fan of DigiTech. I've never really found a pedal from them that I loved, but the Bad Monkey is definately an exception to that. It was exactly what I was looking for, to give my solid state a tube-like boost. It's definately one of the best DigiTech pedals I've played. And the price is so low it's like you're ripping of DigiTech. I definately recomend it to any player looking for a gritty boost.

It's very dependable. The only problem I've had with it was that the level knob came loose after a few months, but it wasn't a big deal. Everything else was fine. I've dropped it, tripped over it, and accidently kicked it, but it is still in perfect condition.

The Bas Monkey is just a basic Overdrive pedal. It has High and Low controls to cut or boost bass and treble frequencies, Level control to control to output level, and Gain controls to determine the amount of Overdrive you get. It has amp and recording/mixer outputs. It also comes with a manual to teach you how to use it properly if you are new to stompboxes.