Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 5.5 Decent
DigiTech: Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive

This pedal is a below average sounding pedal. The low sounds completley pathetic no matter what, so then that eleminates the sound all together. I find the distortion to be muddy. I used to think that this would be a good pedal for boost, but I don't think that that would work either. There is no paticular artist you can get out of this pedal.

This pedal would be good for a cheap, lightly distorted rythem guitarist in a 3 chord punk band. That is really the only thing it is good for. I don't like this pedal at all. It is not reliable, nor does it sound good at all. I wish the sound was better. If you want a good Overdrive pedal, try out the Boss Super Overdrive pedal, Boss BD-2 Blues Driver, or the Boss OD-1 Overdrive pedal.

I never have like the way DigiTech's were constructed. The last DigiTech pedal I had fell apart and I wasn't really sure why I got this one. If you are a heavy stomper, or an aggressive player then don't buy this pedal. You will have to do some major repair work in order if you do. Avoid gigging.

This pedal is one of the easier DigiTech Pedals to use. There is a volume knob, a low knob, and a high knob. There is also a gain knob. That makes a total of four knobs. There is a manual for it which is worth flipping through for some sample settings, which I recomend trying out.

marianoarnaiz
    IT ROCKS I PLAY WITH THIS GUY POWER METAL AND HEAVY METAL AND HARD ROCK AND BLUES AND LATIN AND ACOUSTIC IT THE MOST EASY SETTING-CHEAP- AND GOOD OVERDRIVE I HAVE TRIED, I LIKE IT BETTER THAN MY TUBESCREAMER
    RAGman22ReborN
    It has officially become my personal favorite overdrive pedal. Affordable and awesome for its price. I use my 5150 cab hooked to a crate power block and with this baby hooked in along with my other pedals, it kicks arse. From Iron Maiden to Black Sabbath, Queen, Creed, Alter Bridge, Buckethead, Megadeth, Stevie Ray Vaughan or Joe Satriani, this monkey does what its master commands.