Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive

Purchased from: Daddy's Junky Music

Drive G65 and Epiphone SG310 work great with this baby. Even with level up all the way, you get a reletavely screach-less sound. (But sometimes you get a little too much background noise.) The effects themselves really do some crazy different metal and hard-rock oriented tones. This pedal saves you a lot of time mixing, and sounds awesome Live. Add a little reverb to create a godly sound.

This is perfect for virtually any type of rock that needs a little tube Overdrive added in. It can do metal, Grunge, screamo, and hard rock the best (in my opinion). Stack it with a reverb pedal and you've got a pretty good chain going. If I ever needed a new one, I'd buy a replacement in a heartbeat. This thing is made of magic. It just needs enough gain between it and the amp for the sound to expand enough and you're rockin' hardcore style!

This thing was made to stand up to getting run over. I dropped this down the stairs and there's not even a scratch on it. I've had it for a month or so and the battery died once during that time. It's a cheap little 9 volt you get at CVS in a pack of ten for 2 bucks, too. I could tottaly change the battery right before a gig and trust it to last (I would trust a week-old battery at a gig with this baby).

It's pretty simple to get some awesome sounds from it. Set your amp up to treble (10) and middle (5) and put the gain up all the way to bring out some crazy sounds from this thing. Then, put high at about 5 and low according to tastes, and add gain for a metal sound or put high, gain and level all the way up to make your guitar scream! The manual explains these in good detail, and even gives you some suggestions.

Mental Hop
    I agree with CWolf. I also work in a music store and have tried every pedal out there. This, and all Digi-tech pedals are not worth it. I'm sorry to say, they're horrible. Buy a Boss or anything else. This pedal in paticular is only good for volume boosts because it has no effect unless you crank the gain all the way. Buy a SD-1 and you'll get all the tone you need for an extra $10.
    marianoarnaiz
    I own this little green guy, and it amaze me every time, if you run a distortion through it pumps it all to the heaven and allso makes any amp boost op the way it should. ALso if you put the gain knob in ten and you put the amp volume a little hight you can hace a little overdrive/distortion sound that is awsome