Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive

My setup is this, My Gibson SG is connected to my DigiTech Whammy, then from my Whammy to my DigiTech Grunge distortion, then from my distortion to my DigiTech Bad Monkey, then from the Bad Monkey to a Marshall amp. It`s not noisey on any settings really, no matter how high or low you put it. The effects are pretty good, they always sound great too. I can get sounds of my favorite artists like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin... and so on. If you run the distortion with the Overdrive, it kinda creates a blanket over the sound.

I play Classic rock like AC/DC & Led Zeppelin, as mentioned before, and Alternative rock like Rage Against The Machine. It`s a good match for more of the Classic rock catagory, AC/DC and stuff. I've been playing for 4 years. My other gear is my Gibson SG, DigiTech Whammy, DigiTech Grunge, and a Marshall amp. If it were stolen or lost I would get it again because it is a good pedal. I like the whole thing, and every feature is my favorite feature. Didn`t need to compare it to other products. I wish it had a bit more effects, but the effcets on it are just fine.

I could depend on it, but I would need some backup in a gig. But I could depend on it because it is made pretty good, it could take the beating, on the ware of turning it on & off. It is a very good pedal and the way it's designed is made for dependability.

The reason I payed $0.00 is because it was a free offer, that came with the purchase of my DigiTech Whammy. It`s very easy to get a good sound out of it, just turn the knobs on it, and set it on what you want. The manual for it just tells you the basics about it. The unit has never been upgraded. I really don`t know the firmware revision number; it has no editing patches.

MRAAJR
    lespaul#1 wrote: This or the Screaming Blues?
    i got both.....
    Gmoneydogg360
    I use it for ZZtop like jazz makes my pinch harmonics sound great the only bad this is it eats batteries up so its best to get the apater
    ricv2106
    Hi im pretty noob at this stuff so please dont make fun of me.... I got a Laney LC 15 R. I love that amp it has such a nice tone and all, unfortunatelly i wish it had more gain (although it can do rock well enouph)so i would love to be able to drive it into hard rock and metal territory (not death metal but old school like Iron Maiden or Metallica while keeping the amps original tone (i like warm type of sound like my amp, not like some digital distortion . e.g modelling amp at metal setting type of sound). Unfortunatelly for me i cant always crank my amp up(live close to grumpy neighbours) so i need more gain at lower volumes (to push me at least to old school metal territory).... so i wondered if a overdrive pedal such as this would help.
    MetalheadforJC
    would this work well with a Boss CS3, Metal Master, Danelectro Fish and chips, into a solid state amp for boost?
    jeordie1
    This pedal is awesome for getting John Frusciante's live light crunch tone. I have my strat running into my Vox AC15 just starting to distort then push it over the edge with the Bad Monkey gain at 10-11 o'clock. It also helps give my Big Muff Pi USA some definition when I add that to the mix.