Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive

Purchased from: Amazon.co.uk

I play alot of BFMV, although they use the TS-9, I can still get close to the sound they use. It really does kick the s**t up from the bottom end and pushes it in full force the result one awesome metal tone. Although I don't suggest using it one any small practise amps as it seems to be too much for them. It features High, Low and Gain settings to help adjust that sound.

I mainly play metal and this pedal has now come in as part of my main setup and I think it will stay there for a while... If it were lost or stolen I would buy it again, I know there are people going to hurt me for saying this but I rate this little bad boy over the TS-9 and is definately a cheaper alternative to it as well. I reccomend all to buy!

The durability of thing is really great, I could probably launch this up in the air and let it land on the pavement and I could still use it at gig without the worry of it failing, I have had the same battery in since I bought a couple of months ago and I play usually for a couple of hours a day and its still going so theres a +

I bought this from a recommendation from a guitar DVD (metal rhythm in 6 weeks) in seconds I was able to set this little bad boy up with the gain fx from my amp and the result was awesome! It comes with a little handbook on different settings but tbf you can find your own personal one in seconds (I really mean this lol).

vennaco
    mfergel wrote: Yeah, folks don't seem to fully understand this pedal. This pedal is at it's best pushing an already overdriven amp, like a JCM800. I use it with my JCM2000 DSL. Turn on the green channel crunch and push it with the Bad Monkey. We are talking thick tone. It's really not going to help a solid state amp.
    Exactly. I think this point is lost on a lot of the reviewers and comments here who seem confused as to what this pedals purpose is. You can use it to achieve some mild crunch on a clean channel but it's purpose is to push the tubes in an already overdriven amp even harder and it does this really, really well. A great and very cheap pedal when you know what it's meant for.
    ikantuna
    I own Boss Blues Driver and hate every moment I spend time with it until I got Bad Monkey! wuhooooo!