Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive

Price paid: C$ 65

Purchased from: Long and Mcquade

I use a Epiphone standard plain top, as well as an American Fender Special Strat, two very different sounding guitars, this pedal is a little harsher at higher gain settings(past 3'oclock) but otherwise this pedal has extremely high output with less noise then my Fulltone OCD, you can get a very good clean SRV tone not a rude mood tone but a Lenny tone with this pedal extremely easily.

I have had this pedal for almost 2 1/2 years without a problem, it is a great pedal for light blues, it works very well with other od's, but more so with distortion as a booster to take out the harshness of some distortions and get some clarity out of your amp, I would buy this pedal again if I lost it without a doubt, Love everything about this pedal no concerns, I do wish it had a switch for different gain stages as the knob is hard to get perfect (especially if you're a tone freak like me) otherwise, crazy good, cheap pedal that doesn't act, sound or seem like it, I highly suggest getting one if you're on the fence, you wont be disappointed!

Such a great pedal I think mine was used because I got it for so cheap, but I don't have any concerns with build quality it is incredible, I have no concerns for this pedal, all the knob are secure, the foot switch is great just watch that you don't cut the battery wire by stomping like me, be careful to tuck it inside the foot switch.

This is a very versatile pedal that is easy to use, I find myself using it as a low-mid gain tube Screamer type sound, it is better then a tube Screamer in my opinion because you can dial in the tone of your guitar with the high and low knobs, this is the key to the pedal and to unlock its potential.

MaggaraMarine
    Is this digital or analog? I know it's made by Digi tech but still. I wouldn't want my overdrive to sound digital if I had this pedal.