Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 5 Decent
DigiTech: Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive

I use this to boos my Bugera 333's crunch channel. It deff gives more sustain than the amp normally does. It is noisy when on and I'm not a big fan of this. I run the level about 3/4, Treble 3/4, bass 4/4, gain barely on 1. It sounded very nice when it worked.

I play a variety of styles but mostly very aggressive Punk/Metal. This pedal (while working was a good addition to my sound. I have been playing for 17+ yrs. I don't think I will buy another DigiTech product because of the problems I have had with this unit. I am thinking of getting the GFS Greenie.

No I can not depend on it, the input jack has already gone bad after literally 6 times of using it. Now mine was used, but it was in like new condition. This has made my gun shy of other DigiTech pedals, although this is the only one I have or planned to own.

Simple lay-out, works decent as a boost. This is a pretty decent pedal if you are looking for the TS-9 type sound on the cheap. You can get any thing from a mild boost to a decent classic rock style over Drive with the gain cranked. I like the fact that it has a treble and bass knob instead of the standard single tone knob like most OD pedals do.

Uncle Manwich
    I'm surprised at the amount of people that use the Bad Monkey. When you've got tons of people using a 50$ pedal along side their boutique effects it's a cool sight to see.