Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive

Price paid: € 50

Purchased from: Keymusic

I myself played this with different setups, but mostly it's a variety of pedals, a Vox AC30C2 and a Strat with single coils or a Jackson Rhoads with Seymour Duncan humbuckers. It sounds great with singe coils and humbuckers, although a bit tweaking of the settings when changing guitar can be needed. Depending of the pickups it can be a bit mid heavy. For instance if I use my SG with Iommibuckers I loose some clarity in my tone, this is mostly solved by my equalizer. In general it sounds great though. I never experienced much noise with it, except when chaining it together with a distortion pedal on playing with a lot of gain.

I compared a lot before buying this, but when doubting between this and other pedals with twice the price the decision is easily made. It's a very versatile pedal, can be used for overdrive, boosting or getting some more gain in your distortion. For me the extra output for going to a mixing board is a bit useless. This pedal is not the last one in my effects chain, so it has no use for me. Overall, this is a great versatile and easy pedal in a much lower price range than competing brands.

YouTube preview picture

This thing is build like a tank and could survive a hell of a lot of abuse, Solid Metal casing comparable to Boss pedals. It has never failed me, and I would be disappointed if it ever did.

Out of the box is the Bad Monkey very easy to use. You can't do much wrong to get a good sound. Four controls: level, low, high and gain. Level let set the output volume, which means this pedal can be used as a boost if desired. Low cuts or boost the low frequencies, the high knob does the same with the higher frequencies, allowing to shape the tone of the produced sound. Gain sets the amount of overdrive. 1 input, 2 outputs, a nor; al one and an output for going straight in a mixing board or PA. It comes standard with a 9v battery, although I immediately put it in a daisy chain with my other pedals, I never use a battery. The manual tells you what you need to know, but no more than that. Of course not much info is needed.

ris789
    I'm making $86 an hour working from home. I was shocked when my neighbour told me she was averaging $95 but I see how it works now. I feel so much freedom now that I'm my own boss. This is what I do, Fox92dotcom