Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: Rhapsody Music

I've listened to this pedal over the internet, and I've tried it on a lot of different guitars on a lot of different amps. And I have to tell you, it sounds 100% great on all of them. I don't think I've ever heard such a great distortion before. It's like a war going on inside the amp, and that's what you want. There is one little bit of a negative: no matter what you set the knobs to, you pretty much get the same sound. It's only a little bit of a negative, because I'm addicted to the sound and wouldn't want anything else. I'm a huge metalhead, so I play a lot of metal. It sounds great, and this pedal is exactly what I need. I can pull of Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Metallica, and Sabbath perfectly. Also, this pedal gives you a sound that's about as close to Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" intro as you can get. It sounds so much the same. This pedal is perfect for metal.

Overall, this pedal is a gift from god to headbangers. I don't know what it is, but you sound better playing with this pedal. Everything about it makes you palm mutes sound great, your solos sound awesome, and your rhythms sound freaking sweet. I love this pedal, and I can't imagine playing without it. I've always liked Digi-Tech, but after getting this pedal, they're all I want now. Screw Boss. I want a damn DigiTech. Simply put, you can never get enough distortion, but with this pedal, you're going to get as close to enough distortion as you're ever going to get.

The battery lasts quite a while in this thing. It's a tough little puppy, and it's quite a durable little pedal. I haven't, however, had the balls to test its ultimate durability and drop it yet, but I'm convinced enough already that it's pretty durable. I would use this pedal during a gig without a backup, but I'd probably wuss out and bring one just in case. But I'm sure it would last during a gig.

This is a pretty easy pedal to work with. Four knobs; level, low, mid, and high are all you have to worry about. Simple even for a beginner. The manual tells you all about DigiTech and what all of their pedals do (very handy, because I loved this pedal so much I might want to get another DigiTech one). It also tells you some sound presets you can get out of them, which is really convenient if you don't want to spend a half hour trying to get the right sound and you just want to get started with something.