Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

I play guitar, and bass, with an Ibanez IBZ10B 10watt guitar Amp, it sounds great on a guitar, and even on bass. Unfortunately, sometimes the sound can be to heavy for my liking, and can blast the noise out to loud, and its hard to get the sound out when your playing with the volume, so the distortion feels to weak. But, the great advantage is that it has no gain knob and DigiTech have made it so it automatically is set to 11 so you get the strongest distortion you might get, which is wicked for playing metal which is what it was designed for anyway.

I usually play punk and normal rock anthems, but I was advised to get this because I was looking for a distortion, but I was looking for a simple distortion instead of one of theres "Get your ear plug's out, I'm gonna add this" approach to things, And I which I had asked for a simple distortion instead of this extreme sound, because it is My first stompbox, which is surprising because I've been playing for along time now, more than 6 years, and I wish I had found out about stompboxes. If your a metal guitarist thats looking for that sound that'll annoy your neighbor's, drive your wife mad, and even make the crowd go mad, then buy this. It is awesome, really its a really good metal sound, you can play out some really cool solos. The other good thing about it is that its cheaper than most stompboxes, but can get expensive to replace. Furthermore, you cant break it so easily, it its a strong pedal on it with the settings way out of the way, its also pretty easy to carry round because its small, but not so lite.

I can depend on it nicely, it doesn't sleep round on the floor, and stays put because its weight pulls it down to stick on the floor, and it also as a rubber base so it wont slip around any service which is cool. Unfortunately, my battery didn't last long in it, but with my stupidity I found that most guitarists use a power supply instead of a battery, which I have started using now and works fine. But if you want to take it round to your mates without a power-supply bring a spare battery.

I found that this stompbox was awesome, it rips the sound right out of your amp, changing the sound of the output distortion is like any other stompbox, its so simple and easy to use, a beginner can work out how to use it fine.