Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: McNeil Music

This is a must have pedal for metalheads like me. I love my Behringer V-Ampire modeling head, but this pedal is still in use compared to all the distortion sims on my amp. It will give you a beefy palm muted tone, and you can scoop out the mids without loosing much clarity on your leads. The distortion is killer, but is pretty much only good for metal (no complaints by me). You won't be playing Eric Clapton or the Beatles with this pedal. You can easily get tones from Children Of Bodom to Shadows Fall with the right adjustments.

If this were stolen, I would definitely buy it again, but only after finding the thief, cutting their balls off, and ripping their intestines out. Compared to the Boss Metal Zone and DS-2 Distortion Stomp Boxes, this is the best one I've played yet. The Uber Distortion (it's got a different name, I know) is by far better than this, so if you have the cash, fork it out for that.

This stompbox is more protected and heavily armored than a tank. It's definitely gig worthy, and built to destroy. My girlfriend threw it out of the second story window, and lets just say, its still around, but she's not. If you gig with it, use an AC adapter to power it, it eats batteries like I do women.

Incredibly easy to use. There is no "gain" knob and all the EQ settings are very easy to tweak. It is very self-explainable. There is no need for a manual, unless you are a dumbass like the guys at the guitar shop who plugged the input into the output jack.