Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

My setup consitst of a Marshall 30w and an Ibanez Artcore and a cheap Les Paul by Hohner guitars. The reason I got this pedal in the first place is because the distorion on my Marshall is absolute crap. This pedal takes care of that problem. It's great for single-note riffs to shredding. Knifes Edge distortion is especially useful if you wanna do the whole double bass drum thrash stuff (like Metallica's stuff). To the other people complaining about the sound: It's a f--king metal pedal. If you don't like it don't buy it. But it you're unhappy with its distortion and want to play more of chords rather than single note riffs, then get a DigiTech Compressor/Sustainer (beats the hell out of the Boss Compressor) to balance out the sound. It's also good with a Cryababy, which gives that treble. That combination for sure gives you the sound for Zeppelin's 'Dazed And Confused' and 'Heartbreaker' solos.

I play a lot of styles of music. This is a good match for one of those styles. It's specifically designed for metal and it delivers on that promise. I've been playing for about 6 years and I own, as I've mentioned before, a DigiTech Compressor/Sustainer and a Crybaby wah. I also own a Zoom GFX-707 and with the deadly combination of the crap distorion on my Marshall I almost gave up playing lead. That is why I got this pedal. Before I bought this pedal I checked out some Boss distorion and they didn't make much of an impression on me. I went to the DigiTech website and heard some samples of this pedal and that sealed it for me. The DigiTech had that staccato for thrash that was lacking in the Zoom and Boss distortions. If it was stolen I'd probably kill the guy who stole it steal his money and buy this pedal again and maybe the DigiTech Factory Distorion pedal.

It's built like a brick, need I say more? I've had it for a month now and there is no scrathes or cracks. An adapter would be good for it, as the batteries get eaten up fast, but if you gotta gig you would not need a backup. This thing hasn't failed me yet.

This pedal piss-easy to use. Nothing to it. Four knobs and that's it! It comes with a manual, which tells you the settings to use.