Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: www.theplanetofsound.co.uk

Hmm, this is pritty awkward to explain, when you plug this into your amp and of course your guitar, it sounds amazing as the distortion is different to what you used to use. I like the distortion, it goes from simple over drive to over the top distortion. When you listen a bit more carefully and if your like me, you want the perfect tight palm muting sound, nice warm rythm work, possibly squeels at some point on top and bottom strings of your guitar and nice clear treble picking. This pedal does have the capabilities, but the treble picking can be a bit damp and if you want your heavy palm muting, its pritty hard to get a decent squeel from this pedal. The palm muting can get very low for a dark feel to create some furious creative work. But what I did find, when you're not playing and you just want some silence, there's a nasty buzzing sound coming from the amp (to be as blunt as I can) which didnt make me happy. But bare in mind this, I do use a digital amp and this is a analogue pedal! But everything else seems fine. All in all, this is a good pedal and worth buying, but if you're very fussy and picky like me, I wouldnt get it. But it doesnt harm going to your local store and give it a try.

All in all, I play anything from heavy metal (new wave: Chimaira), black metal (Devildriver, Arch Enemy, Cradle Of Filth), Death Metal (Zyklon) and alternative/experimental (don't know what exactly to class this band but I love them: Tool). I own a Line 6 Spider II head (150watt) and cab (4x12) with a ESP LTD MH400, which consists of 81/5 EMGs (that's the important part) look it up if you want more specs. Boss Metal Zone did not work with my amp, bit dissapointing, but I'm really interested in the Korg AX3000G, Line 6 PODXT Live and the Boss GT8. I've gone around and still searching for the best pedal for my needs, anyone got any ideas, please let me know. But the Death Metal pedal matches my type of playing, but shame about the small things.

This pedal is rather heavy for what it is, construction is tight and this thing is durable. But I wouldn't trust dropping it on a carpet floor. But as a pedal, it is well built.

The ease of use is pritty simple, you got your "level," "low," "mid" and "high" knobs to fiddle with. Thats about it, just twist for your sound, simple as!