Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: 2nd hand from internet

I am using it through my 100watt Randall amplifier, and it sounds sublime! I can get nice grungy sounds out of it for Nirvana kinda sounds, but if I throw a lot of dist on it I can get my real passion going on Death Metal! In other words, a very big variety in sounds. Oh yeah, full chords sound a bit f--d up (not that I use them anyway).

I mainly play lots of metal styles (metalcore, Death Metal etc.) but I play a lot of other types too, it fits them all! I've been playing for 1,5 years now, and I'm really loving the pedal, it's the best pedal I've had in that time (and I've had Boss pedals too). If it were to be stolen, I would track the thieve down and ritualy slaughter him. I would sure get a new one. I really love the dist tone on this baby, it's unlike nething u've heard if ure a metalhead. I've had 2 other Boss dist pedals, but they're not as good as this one. Overall impression: the best metalhead pedal out there right now.

It's very sturdy, it stays foot and I don't think anyone could kick it hard enough to destroy it. I would certainly use it on a gig without a backup, something drastically would have to happen (like the building blowing up) to get this baby down.

It's an easy set up with just a few knobs and so easy to figure out! I did get a manual with it, but there's actually no need reading it, for it speaks for itself (maybe the presets put in te manual are a bit handy though).