Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: Prom Music

The setup I am using is a Hyburn strat currently (expecting to recieve a KVX10 King V Jackson soon), with a Rodam and Planet Wave patch cords. Along with a Marshall G80RCD which is a 100watt amp, or my Fender Sidekick 10 watt, or my MS-2 Marshall pocket amp. The pedal is never noisy, it is as quiet as the guitar on a clean setting. This pedal's effects are the most powerful there are, if u think you have mad distortion, think again and try out this pedal. If you ever listen to any Children Of Bodom, In Flames, Lamb Of God, Iced Earth, you know what killer metal sounds like. This pedal can allow you to obtain metal like the bands I just listed, without any problems. One thing I suggest not doing, is to turn down you Low knob because it make the sound, sound like there is no bass, other than that this pedal is perfect for any distortion, and since it is only one type of distortion, to control how much distortion you want just turn down your volume knob on your guitar, trust me it works.

It suits my style of music perfectly, if you can guess I am a metal head, and I play every type of metal there is, but I also play blues, jazz, classical, and acoustic. So duh, its a good match to my style. I have been playing for 3 years, and I currently own a G80RCD Marshall, a Fender Sidekick, a MS-2 pocket amp, and a Hyburn Strat, which I have already mentioned. If it were lost I would ripped my house and neibourhood apart to find it. If it were stolen I would track the bastard down, and tie him to a chair and make him listen to my amp with the pedal, on 10 volume till his ears began to bleed (so yeah its a good pedal). I bascially love the hole thing, the look, the feel, and most of all the Death Metal, there is nothing is dislike about it. I didn't compare it to any other pedal becuase this is the only pedal with the heaviest metal out there, and if you find one that compares to this one, contact me. The only other thing I wish it had was the power adapter had come with the pedal, but no it didn't so I had to go buy that separate. So basically this is the most leathal distortion out there, so go ahead and see if you can find any heavier than this.

If you can't depend on this pedal then don't even think about depending on other pedals in a gig. The recessed knobs prevent accidental foot "adjustments." The pedal is three times heavier as the competition thanks to a cast metal body with a rubber bottom so it won't slide around on stage. There is a six-year warranty to prove that DigiTech built the pedal to last. It features an extra cabinet modeling output which allows you to go direct-to-mixing board. If you don't have a 9v power supply the pedal has a Super-easy battery access chamber to change during a song (drum solo's are good for something). Just use a 1/4" guitar plug to push the release button instead of having to hunt for a screw driver. And is is colour coded for easy identification. If you come across a problem with the pedal (other than the fact you have attempted to blow it up, or shoot it into oncoming traffic) then you are the first to find one thing wrong with it. So by the description it have just provided, yes I would gig with it without backup.

This pedal I believe is the easiest pedal to use, and buy the sound the most powerful one too. The settings speak for themselves, the level controls the output power of the sound and volume, the low controls the bass practically, the mid is basically middle if you have a middle knob on your amp, and the high is more of a contour control, but with a lot more depth. You can have from a Death Scoop sound, to a Smooth Sustain, right up to a Knife's Edge blasting distortion. The manual shows you four different sound settings and tells you what each knob does. But since the pedal is so easy to use they don't tell you anything else, because they don't expect you to be retarded with it.