Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: Reidys

The sound is easy to change between a ripping solo effect called knife edge to a more bassy riff effect. I have mine set at 5 on each and 9 for treble and it gives an amazing sound and it screams and wails when it comes to soloing. I use it with my Squier Showmaster (I'm a student) and a Vox AD30FX and it sounds ace. What's unique about this pedal is that all the dials go up to eleven like spinal tap, but really this is just for show as I can't see the point of it. The pedal always sounds excellent its got a spine tingling effect that I have it set on. I create my original sound but its in between Velvet Revolver and Sex Pistols. The entire pedal rocks out the best distorsion pedal bar The Weapon.

Wierd that I don't actually play any Death Metal. I play a harder sort of rock like Queens of the stone age ore Velvet Revolver. It can handle most settings of distortion apart from soft. I own a Dunlop Crybaby and a DigiTech Phaser and this is the best pedal for playing a song all the way through without turning the pedal off. If it was stolen I would buy it again without doubt. The best bit of the pedal is the sound, an to be honest thats all that counts. The worst part is the plastic dials but that's a very small problem. I compared it to my friends Bad Monkey and Pastrami Overdrive and mine beats them to the ground, far superior. I wish it had a tube Overdrive but that's all reletive right.

Depend on it, Its built like a tank like other digitechs. I have never managed a dent or break since it was bought. It has a few scuffs and scratches but thats all cosmetic. The downside is that removing the battery becomes exremely difficult without the help of a pen or a key. I use it currently with another set of pedals so a backup isn't nessecary but I would use it without backup.

This is beyond doubt the best pedal I have ever purchased. I decided to buy it when the Overdrive function broke on my amp and theres not a day I regret it. The range of sound is so extreme that you can find a sound that suits you. When I bought this pedal I spent 10 minutes getting the best sound I could. I bought I without a manual so I got a 10 discount.