Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

I am using my Yamaha EG-112 through the Death Metal Distortion pedal through my Crate amp on clean tone. I went through the presets and have chosen the "Death Scoop" but with a tweek. The bass is supposed to be on 6 I think, and I set it on 10 so that during the fast heavy parts it is heavier. With pitch harmonics this pedal helps them sound creepy. Like on some Death Metal songs you hear that creepy pitch harmonic, that is what it sounds like. With the "Death Scoop" it can kinda resemble damn-near every Death Metal band. They only thing you need to do is turn down the high. If you want heavy distortion, this is your pedal.

If you play any variation of metal, this is your pedal. If this were stolen I would be so pissed but I would get it again. Plus it's cheap 30 bucks for a pedal that should be $75+. I am really proud of DigiTech for creating such a monster. Thanks DigiTech.

I use this as my distortion at my house as well as at gigs. The reason I use it at my house is because the distortion on my amp is A. weak and B. Not currently working right now. The only problem with it is, it takes 9 volt batteries and when you play it constantly for 3 days the battery dies. But that can easily be remedied by getting the plug in.

This is by far the most deadliest of distortion pedals. What DigiTech did on this pedal was set the gain to 11 and ripped out the button. and all you can do is mess with how loud it is (level) and the 3 EQ band curver (high-mid-low) It is easy to use. Just a simple tap of the foot switch and play. The manual for it was basically DigiTech's presets for most of their pedals.