Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: Friend

I currently use a humbucking Squier Stratocaster with a 15 watt Crate for practice and a 200 watt Fender for rehersal/gigging. The pedal has an extremely powerful sound, in fact, I have to make sure the level on the pedal is down far enough so it doesn't blow out my crate. You can get anything from a low wall of drone to blistering highs and everything in between. As mentioned before, this pedal is unique, alowing you to forge your own sound, rather than mimicking other artists. Only drawback I can find is the pedal is a tad noisy, but this is expected with such a powerful sound, not so much to hinder your overall sound anyways though.

I play all forms of metal, alternative, Grunge, punk, jazz, hard rock, soft rock, not really inbetween rock, post rock, noise. I've been playing for about three years, self teaching, and I've owned this for about a month. It matches my style perfectly, where sound changes from clean to intense distortion and back. If it were stolen, I would die. Only regret is that I didnt get a power supply, I've found digitechs eat up batteries like chuck norris eats kids. Sorry, bad analogy. I'm done.

Like all DigiTech pedals, this one is built like a tank. I would absolutely gig with it without a backup.

This is quite the simple pedal, no need to worry about amount of distortion, you're already cranked to 11 or so. Theres a nice EQ for low, mid, and high, so you can get alot of tones.