Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: Cassell's Music

I use this with a Vox Valvetronix and an Agile Les Paul. It's a good setup and a good pedal, if you're playing Death Metal. This is not too noisy, and the effects are pretty much alright, but only if you play Death Metal. This gives you a good sound, if you play death metal, it sounds good when you scoop the mids or turn the mids up to about 7 and turn the Highs to about 8, once again it's only good for heavier types of music, don't try to play Led Zeppelin on it.

Like I said before, it's only really good for Death Metal and other heavier types of music. If you wan't something a little more versatile, I recommend the metal master. If it were lost or stolen, I wouldn't buy another one because I have other and better pedals, and I pretty much am not a big fan of Death Metal or any other types of Heavy Music. I don't like the fact that it has no gain control, but I guess some people would like all-out gain. This is overall a good pedal, but only for death-metal, no other genre, that's probably why I didn't like it too much, I only really use this when playing heavier styles like stuff that requires scooping the mids.

It's a pretty dependable pedal and it sure is reliable. It drains the battery like there's no tommorow, but you can count on it if it's plugged in.

It is easy to get a good sound out of it for it's genre, especially when you scoop the mids or turn the highs up.

pedro_008
    in G1 mag it had a distorto metre where it rated mild pain to total anihlation
    $hab
    This was my first (and still my only) guitar pedal. It's a beast.