Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: Cascio Interstate

I wield an Ibanez RG370DX(checkout my review for it). I run that into my Death Metal pedal and a Dunlop Crybaby wah. It sounds so awesome. There is some feedback when your not strumming, but not enough to discourage playing, the sound can be made very raw and gritty for those blistering solos, or just massive, crushing tone for the low chord riffin'. one draw back is that as with most stompboxes, as the battery dies so does the sound.

I'm a metal player and this is the definitive metal player pedal. I've had one for 2 years and I love how well it sounds and how well it works with my other pedals. Other than the occasional power problem, I accept nothing less than this pedal.

As far as durability, this sucker is a tank. I have a stupid habit of tripping over this thing and its steel casing remains unscratched. the jacks are just as strong so the inner hardward is virtually indestructable. As far as reliability goes, if I were on stage I'd use the safety of an AC adapter as opposed to a battery only because if you're playing for hours straight trhe battery runs low enough to diminish your sound, but I don't play on stage so for me a battery works fine.

This pedal is a classic stompbox, so just plug in and go! Setup is easy because all you have to do is dial in your EQ. The manual is easy to follow and even offers some dail setup ideas for first-timers.