Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: amazon

This pedal just sounds great, that is if you know how to use the tone settings. I receommend not using a scooped by turning low and high to max and putting very little mid. This sound great when you're by yourself playing but when other instrument (even other guitars) are introduced you can barely make out what you are playing. My setup is a Robson Strat, factory amp (10 watt), factory pickups (single coil) and the DigiTech Death Metal pedal. I also play am ESP Kirk Hammett signature. If you are using a single coil guitar don't only use one pickup. Use two at once. If you just use the single brige Pick-up for example you will hear a constant buzzing sound so use the brigde pickup and the middle pickup simultaneously. It's sounds great when playing Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, Children Of Bodom, A7X and bands like that and also Black Sabbath and Nirvana. The distortion is amazing. Everything sounds crisp if you are muting properly. I do not recommend a beginner using this pedal as a poor technique will make horrible noises. To lessen the distortion simply use the volume control on your guitar. You get 4 different tone settings with the pedal. My favourite of these is the rectifier. The 3 band EQ allows for much experientation to find your own sound. If you are into metal then I highly recommend this pedal. Even if you're into styles like Led Zeppelin it works. This distortion is perfect for lead playing.

I play mostly metal. Not much death metal but this pedal works well for anything metal. People have told me that they think that I use too much distortion when playing to which I reply "Well I think you use too little." I'll admit the Metal Master pedal is probably a little better than this one but it cost more and you won't get this kinda distortion anywhere else. Easy to use, great sound, very reliable, what more can you ask for? I will definitely buy it again if it were lost of stolen. I'm planning to add a multi-effect pedal to my setup and I'm anxious to see how it sounds in combination with the Death Metal pedal. I love the distortion on a pedal. I don't like when guitarists pile on effect onto more effect. I like when metal sounds raw with just distortion. That's why the first pdeal I bought was a simple distortion pdeal unlike my friends who bought multi-effect pedals. This is a great buy for any heavy metal guitarist.

It's a tank. I dropped it on my aunt's tiled floor and it cracked the tile and it's still workin like new. The casing is metal and really tough. I would defintely use this during a gig. The battery only lasts a week or two if you play everyday, that is, it won't die completely but the drop in the distortion is noticeable. However is will last through a gig without problems. Get the power supply.

Easy to use. Simple analog controls: level, low, mid, high. Just plug in, set your equalizer settings, match your level with your amp gain (this is very important. You have to match the level on the pedal to the gain on your amp so that when you switch from distortion to clean you won't disappear) and then you just start playing! Make sure and do not leave the input jack in because the battery will run down. I recommend getting the power supply since it lets you play for longer and there is a very slight difference in sound. The manual is straight forward but you don't really need it. It is really easy to get a good sound from it.