Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: music ground leeds

I use the pedal with a Marshall 8100 100 watt valvestate head and a Marshall 4 x 12 cabinet, I have 2 guitars, a BC Rich NJ Beast with Duncan Invader and Duncan 59' and a Dean Razorback, also with Duncan Invader. The pedal is designed to just blare out noise but it sounds great for general chugging or even solo work and chords, no matter what setting you use with the pedal the sound always cuts through. All the effects are great, you can get like, ten different distortions from it and theyre all brilliant. I have it set as heavy and loud as possible, since I play metal and tune on drop C. With the settings use I liken the sound to that of Hatebreed, Soulfly, Sepultura, Caliban, all the meaty bands with powerful guitar sound. I couldn't possibly match or better this pedal. All the distortions are good and useful, I've had pedals before where I'd use 2 of 5 settings but on this one I've used every last one of them and theyre all brilliant.

I play metal, and I couldn't possibly wish for, or indeed find a better pedal. I use it with a DigiTech main squeeze pedal and a screamin' blues pedal. I also own a Bad Monkey and hot head pedal also, chain 'em up and I'm away playing so loud that I'm sure its causing major structural damage to my house! If it were lost or stolen I'd go straight to the shop and buy another, I can't play without it now its the embodiment of my sound I'm lost without it, its the first distortion pedal I've heard that doesnt sound tinny. I love its raw power, I just can't get that kind of power anywhere else and it really has exceeded all my expectations. It can make the cheapest guitar sound meaty as hell, and as for meaty guitars you have to hear it to believe it. I used to have a Boss distortion pedal, and thought it was quite good but I just wanted chunky distortion, so I went to the guitar shop and said I want the heaviest distortion pedal you have, and he just put the death meal in my hand and went "it doesn't get much better than this" and my god he was right.

I can definitely dpend on this pedal. It gives me the exact sound I want and never ever lets me down. I love how well made it is and its nice and heavy so it doesn't skid around on stage, and the rubber pad on the pedal means your foot never slips off and the knobs/controls are well placed so you dont accidentally hit them with your foot and knock something off setting. I don't need a backup to this pedal, I just keep a spare square battery around in case mine runs out. I used to think my amps own distortion was meaty as hell, but it's nothing compared to this.

This pedal is in one word awesome. I tried it out in the shop and set it to the death scoop setting, put less high end on it and maxed the low end out and put it on about a quarter volume when I got it home and the sound was incredible. The manual is very easy to use but believe me when I say you just dont need it, DigiTech pedals are all I will ever use I used to use Boss and line6 then got DigiTech pedals and never looked back.

maszi
    I think this DDM ped. is awseome....allthough it`s my one and only...but I like a lot...