Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: Guitar-Center

My setup with the Death Metal pedal I use my Crate GX-1200H half stack and my LTD ESP F-50. It's got perfect sound, extemly smooth sustain and powerful distortion. My settings are usually the low turned up to max, the high turned up to max and mid around the middle. The effects are amazing on this pedal I can honestly say this is one of the best distortion pedals on the market and the price is great as well. The sounds of artists, none in particular, but I can play anything on it with a little tampering with the EQ and usually get great sound for bands like Metallica, Slayer, Lamb Of God etc. The distortion on the pedal is phenominal.

I play a lot of different styles such as classic rock and some Grunge but for this pedal I play hard rock/heavy metal/death metal. I've been playing for about a year and 6 or 7 months and I own the Crate halfstack I previously mentioned, and ESP F-50 and Ovation celeberty, a DigiTech RP-200, original cry baby wah pedal, DigiTech Grunge pedal, and a Boss compression sustainer. I didn't have to ask anything before buying it, a friend of mine had it, I played it once and I was hooked. If it was stolen or lost I would absolutly buy another one as soon as I could. I love the sustain and that distortion is unbeatable. I compared it to a few other distortion pedals like the Dr. Distorto pedal and a few others but none of them beat this one. I don't think this pedal needs any work at all its an amazing distortion pedal.

I can always depend on this pedal, deffinetly. I bring it to any gig or practice with my band and use it and home all the time as well, and if my guitar leaves the house I don't leave without this pedal.

Extremely easy to use. Four basic EQ settings (volume, low, mid, high) so finding the particular sound you are looking for only requires a few minutes of tampering with it.

SGMAN911
    great pedal, if your looking for something a little ''more the top'' get the scott ian pedal, thing is a friggin' beast
    guitar extra
    I got one of these digitech death metal pedals and it is awesome. reccomend it to anyone who likes their distortion.
    xxZeroxx
    A friend got this one a few months ago and he won't stop talking about it.His battery ran out in it and he couldn't get another one and he nearly cried.
    deadnihils
    I`ve grown to really love this pedal. I thought it was useless at first, but after finding exactly what I wanted out of it, I think I`ll keep it. I`m a big fan of Crate, and now I choose this pedal over my vintage Crate`s distortion.