Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

I currently use this through my Schecter Hellraiser to my Roland Cube 60 amplifier (though I am planning on buying a new amp soon). It sounds great, pure distortion, much better then the amp distortion. It is noisy however, though a simple noise gate will take care of that. The distortion is always maxed out, so there's no need to worry about weak sound. No matter what you dial your EQ as, it's bound to sound sound deadly. I can easily get the sounds of Black Metal (Emperor) then Switch over to Metallica right back to Death Metal (At The Gates, Arch Enemy) then over to Slayer. Easily manipulated to produce almost the exact sound that almost any metal bands use.

I play any kind of metal, so this is perfect for me. I have been playing for roughly 2 years, and this outdoes all of my other gear distortion-wise 20:1. I wish I would have gotten this long before I did, it's a brilliant peice of gear. If it were stolen, I'd hunt down whoever stole it and beat them with a led pipe. That's how much I love this thing. I love every bit of this, it's almost as if, you can't make a bad sound out of it (which you really can't). I compared it to some other pedals (forget which ones) that were all way over 100 bucks, and this one (50 dollars) out shone them all by far. This is a must have for any metalhead out there, it's flawless.

The battery isn't that long on this, though with the AC adapter that's not a problem. I luckily had one from my previous pedal that I haden't used for a year or so, so this wasn't a problem. The AC adapter should be about 20 bucks though, not to much of a problem. I would definately gig without a backup, as long as I had my AC adapter.

This thing is about as simple as it is brilliant to use. Adjust your EQ and stomp the stompbox - it's as simple as that. A manual came with it, explaining what all of the dials/inputs meant, though if you seriously couldn't figure it out, maybe guitar isn't for you.