Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: Ebay

I use a BC Rich KKV Signature, Ibanez SA series and RG series. Different guitars for different tones and styles. What's remarkable about this pedal, it gives you the death crunch you want and need with any guitar you use. Same with amps. I use an Ibanez 50 Watt Toneblaster and a small Peavey 15 watt. Great tone, out of any amp, big or small. I've never had a problem. There's no, or hardly any, feedback, which is a plus. I play to the likes of Killswitch Engage, Unearth, and Trivium, and this pedal has yet to let me down. It's awesome!

I've been playing for about 7 years now. My style has always been metal, and this pedal has never let me down. I've had a metal distortion pedal from Danelectro before this one. It worked fine, but really wasn't given me the tone I needed. I stopped by a local music shop, and found the Death Metal pedal and gave it a shot. The first strum, I was hooked. But since I was low on funds, couldnt buy it at the time. Then found it on eBay, and I couldn't pass it up. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if it were ever stolen. I would definately recommend this pedal for everyone. You would not be disappointed.

I put my guitar playing career on this pedal. I love it, and there is nothing like it. I would definately use this pedal at any gig without a backup. Only problem I have is that I use it way too much, so I need to have a good supply of back up batteries. Durablilty is very good. It's packed in a metal case, which is awesome. You can drop it from a building and it'd work perfectly fine without any fault.

One word. Simple. A lil kid can use this and jam the hell out of his amp if he wanted. What I love about this pedal is that I don't have to mess with the low, mid, and high ranges on my amps to get a good tone, I can leave my amp alone, and mess with the pedal itself and get the sound I need. Manual is very understanding and to the point, in my opinion. You have any question about the pedal, it's in the manual for sure.

MetalJester
    The death pedal is a sick ass pedal, even if it is my only one, i still say that all the other pedals that i have heard are way below this one
    freeallboutu91 wrote: lol digitech sucks ass there all moddeling another pedal there not the real thing lol i took my dam death metal pedal right back asap like 10 mins after i had it it sucks
    and this guy really needs an ear check so he can get 'em fixed :S
    ShimmyShimmy
    this pedal blows...if you have a nice amp it will have good built in distortion and there is really no need for a pedal like this. but if you are stuck with a squier starter pack like most of the people posting on here, then it is probably a gift from heaven.
    _-Skeletor-_
    this is a pretty descent pedal. the only thing i wish about this pedal is tht it came with a noise supressor. dunno bout u guys but there is a bit of hum in the background tht can get anoying but its not too bad other thn tht the distortion is great.
    guitar_demon48
    MetalJester
    guitar_demon48 wrote: this pedal is terrific...not a whole lot about it i can say that hasnt already been said(the good things) the people that say it isnt good probably cant even tune their guitars let alone dial in a good tone with this gift from God
    THANK U LORD!!!!
    Dimebag22
    This thing only buzzes when your not playing. When your playing this thing rocks man \m/