Death Metal review by DigiTech

• Reviewer's score: 6 Neat
DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: guitar center

I wanted to rip right into a Six Feet Under song and this pedal doesn't pack enough punch. My practice amp(Line 6 Spider III 15) offers up better distortion and doesn't muffle the sound. It's an ok pedal if you play on really low volumes. If you try to play on a half stack or on a high volume on a small amp, it gives you so much feedback, but I bought a Boss noise suppressor, so it's ok now.

This pedal is well constructed, you'd need a hammer and serious anger issues to break it, however it's functionality left me out in cold with no coat on. If you must have a DigiTech distortion pedal, get the metal master (which is a very nice pedal) or Grunge pedal. The "Death Metal" pedal does not hold true to it's name. I hate it. My Overall Impression: not good.

the pedal sucks my rythem guitarist uses this and I hate it, I can't even hear HIM same your money and get the metal master this pedal is nothing but crunch and muddy Overdrive, but it's not easy to break it so it's durable.This is the worst pedal in the history of pedals. Ihave never played a worse pedal in my life. When I used to use this pedal, my bandmates called me cap'n crunch since all you could hear was crunch. If you want that effect, just eat cereal in front of the microphone, it'd probably sound better than this. Go with a metal master or a Boss metal zone.

I bought this pedal as my first stomp distortion pedal about 2 years ago. At the time I was amazed! But now that I ahve become more experienced, I have learned that this pedal is purely crap. It has no highs or tone. Midrange barely seeks through, although lows come out great. If that's all I was lookin for though, I'd Switch to bass. it's simple to use, I'll give it that.

julietorletino
    eh. i like the sound from it. nice edge, heavy, snarly, but eventually, one day, i hooked it all up and all i could smell was burning electronics. it fried itself right there, and that was that. I had it for years tho.