Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: Sweetwater

I use it with my Les Paul, my ESP 550 and my B.C. Rich Warlock Platinum Series. They all sound amazing. I got my settings with this and my 1973 Peavy tube amp through the mixer board/auxelitity slot and my Stagg 60w through the main output with the reverb all the way up on both and achived Doyle od the Misfits settings on their Famous Monsters and American Psycho records and gives the older stuff a lot more of a bite. My bassist actully uses it for bass distortion also with amazing results.

I play hardcore punk such as Misfits and Black Flag and old school Afi all the way to Sex Pistols, Causalties, Buzzcocks, and Ramones and it not only sounds amazing but gives it a really heavy bite. If ti were lost and or stolen I would kick the persons ass Who stole it and get it back and if it were lost I go out and kick the fist emo or rednecks ass I saw then promptly re purches it. I recomend it to moderate player and up. not on starters.

It is amazingly dependable. Asides from prediscovery of unplugging the cord outta the input slot I have never had a problem with it. Battery life is long as long as you unplug it. It is heavy to prevent sliding and the buttons don't move at all either. it will give you a constent feed of distortion all the way till the battery dies also. one battery will usually last a month or two worth of two or three times a week practice. weve only had one show usung it due to drummer troubles but it worked perfectly.

This is the simplist pedal I have ever used. easy to find a good setting or you can use the four that come in the booklet. great tone. I use it with my Les Paul, my ESP 550 and my B.C. Rich Warlock Platinum Series. They all sound amazing. I play hardcore punk such as Misfits and Black Flag and old school Afi all the way to Sex Pistols, Causalties, Buzzcocks, and Ramones and it not only sounds amazing but gives it a really heavy bite.

deaththrashcore
    Yeah this pedal really isn't that great. It has huge gain but sacrifices of everything else. You definetly don't need this pedal to play death metal.
    jacob23
    this is the worst pedal i have ever used, i got better tones from danelectro distortion pedals. I am a high gain tube amp type of guy and i hate digital distortion. if you are like me stay away from this.
    The_Man_IV
    ShimmyShimmy wrote: this pedal blows...if you have a nice amp it will have good built in distortion and there is really no need for a pedal like this. but if you are stuck with a squier starter pack like most of the people posting on here, then it is probably a gift from heaven.
    I 2nd that I have had the metal Master for a long time with my little 15 watt Fender after 2 years finally got my Marshall AVT 2000 50 Watt (not the best but good enough for my price range) and i say i like the distortion on the amp better then the pedal And is it just me or do most of these (Metal master, death metal, etc) pedals from digitech change your tone alot?? Like totally wipe what your tone was just add some distortion?
    masonjukes
    as far as the powers supply, do what i did. go to a goodwill store or an AmVets and buy some old cordless phones with the 9 volt DC Power Supply attached to the base. then throw away the phone and keep the power supply. i bought 4 and one of them works. i'd much rather spend 2 dollars for 4 adapters than 20$ for the digitech one.
    chaosmaker1491
    i have this petal and it sounds allright if u mess with the settings ...i play it on a 40 watt vox valvetronix and it dosen't sound that bad...the only problem i have with it is that it buzzes waaay tooo much. Its good for jamming but not for shows or anything. But hey i got it for free so im not complaining
    Ibzman
    ALready heard one and it was big shit. I recommend the Metal Master for that kind of distortion.
    grimhood
    This pedal is good for the beginning guitarist. And to be honest this one really hides out the mistakes and sloppiness if you are a crappy guitar player lol : I think whatever your pedal is the best sound you ever gonna get is depending a lot in your rig. Good equipment equals good sound add up a knack and good understanding about sound waves, dissonance and acoustics. What I mean with good equipment is its not necessarily an expensive one to die for but a really well taken care of piece of rig. That means a well maintained equipment can really pay off when the moment of truth arrives. To cut short getting rid and doing something about equipments that sputters, a not well soldered electrical joints or something, bad cables....these things could really every guitarist in a middle of a song in a fowl mode..lol : This stomp box is good for the beginning guitarist or if you are really just starting to get serious with blowing someones mind out with ya guitah playin...lol :
    lamb-of-god-666
    I have this pedal and it sounds like shit. It's hard to get a good tone It's really high pitched and scratchy. I would recomend a Digitech Metal Master pedal if you arer looking for a good distortion pedal. It gives you a kick ass heavy tone and good for soloing as well.