Death Metal review by DigiTech

DigiTech: Death Metal

Purchased from: guitar world

I use a Dean razorback db with a 34 year old pevy amp and it makes a lot of bakground noise on any setting but wen you play it will quit. The effects are awesome but thell get weeker due to low battery power. I don't have any cd's of people that use this petal that I know of but I can get some pretty amasing pinch harmonics out because it helps Pick them up alot, like for example you can play wawke up by damageplan with out a Whammy bar on the pre solo riff (I can't say you get the same sound but it's close) My favorite setting is knife's edge cause it help picks up the pinches more than the other settings, the death scoop setting is great for chunk, and the rectified sounds pretty sweet wen soloing.

I play heavy metal and some thrash and it matches perfectly. I've played for a few years and I own a phase, to guitars and an amp. If I would have asked them sumthin I would have asked if there were anyother settings that sound great. I would definetly buy this one again because it's sounds so good. I love the fact that you can gget so much chunk and screams out of it but I don't like the back groun noise wen ur not playin it. My favorite feature is the knife's edge setting because it justs lites up ur guitars sound. I compared this to a Grunge pedal by DigiTech and I picked this one cause it was just better sounding to me. I wish it had an easyer foot Switch to press but otherwise no.

You can depend on this because it's made of metal so if you drop it or give it a good stomp it wont bust. And it doesn't slide across the floor as much beacuse of the weight of it and the rubber pad on the bottom. In a gig the only back up I would need is another nine volt, but that's if it's a really long gig and it's on all the time.

It is very easy to get a good sound out of it because they give you a pamflit that shoes a couple different sitings such as death scoop, knife's egde, and rectified. The manual for it gives you the rundown of all the control nobs and witch holes to plug it in (comes with an extra out put for mixing bords so you don't have to run it through and amp). I don't no the revision number and it hasn't ben upgraded to my knowledge cause I bought it Brand New.

EvilDontSmile
    yea...i sampled this pedal at a guitarcenter and it sounds really tinny and not very much low end, but not very defined high end either. It can give you some crunchy riffs, but it's really not one of digitech's best. (go with the distortion factory, that mother****er is awesome!)
    jessejames1414
    a lot of these people seem to be comparing this Pedals drive to 15 watt practice amp distortion/overdrive, I dont think it can be as good as I've heard after reading these :l
    richard_edwards
    i had this pedal. bought it. hated it. sold it. the built in distortion on my line 6 spider II 212 is much better than that pedal.
    nightimedweller
    i played this pedal at local music store and i honestly got bored with it in 2 mins it really is a sucky pedal i prefer my metal master pedal way more different sounds
    CapnKickass
    I like my digitech Dan Donegan Sig pedal with the metal master type tone pretty sweet coming out of my orange 15 watt
    garden of grey
    I am actually a pretty big metal fan, but this pedal isn't going to hold up against an ENGL or 5150 in death metal. I actually can't stand this pedal.
    jpgilbert701
    i really really dont like this pedal.i prefer the sound of a rectifier, engl or 5150 over this thing. 5150's are like 400 bucks on ebay.